Hello Karl,

Grab the source code for Lucene in Action, it's got code that parses
and indexes XML with DOM and SAX.  You can see the coverage of that
stuff here:
http://lucenebook.com/search?query=indexing+XML+section%3A7*
I haven't used kXML, but I imagine the LIA code should get you going
quickly and you are free to adapt the code to work with kXML for you.

Otis