De : Erik Hatcher [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Envoyé : vendredi 28 janvier 2005 02:02
À : Lucene Users List
Objet : Re: rackmount lucene/nutch - Re: google mini? who needs it when
Lucene is there

I've often said that there is a business to be had in packaging up
Lucene (and now Nutch) into a cute little box with user friendly
management software to search your intranet.  SearchBlox is already
there (except they don't include the box).

I really hope that an application like SearchBlox/Zilverline can be
created as part of the Lucene project itself, replacing the sad demos
that currently ship with Lucene.  I've got so many things on my plate
that I don't foresee myself getting to this as soon as I'd like, but I
would most definitely support and contribute what time I could to such
an effort.  If the web UI used Tapestry, I'd be very inclined to dig in
hardcore to it.  Any other web UI technology would likely turn me off.
One of these days I'll Tapestry-ify Nutch just for grins and submit it
as a replacement for the JSPs.

And I'm even more sold on it if Mac Mini's are involved!  :)