Edwin,

--- Edwin Tang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have three indices really that I search via ParallelMultiSearcher.
> All three
> are being updated constantly. We would like to be able to perform a
> search on
> the indices and have the results reflect the latest documents
> indexed. However,
> that would mean I need to "refresh" my searcher. Because of the size
> of these,
> it's taking some time to load, and so search speed from the end user
> perspective seems slow. What can I do to minimize or do away with the
> time it
> takes to loading a new searcher... from the end user perspective that
> is?

How up-to-date do these searches have to be?  If they don't have to be
exactly up to date you could periodically re-create the IndexSearcher,
instead of checking for a ne ndex version on every search.  I think
person from Moreover.com posted some code that may be relevant.  Maybe
3-4 months ago, maybe 6...it had to do with re-reading the index in the
background for sorting purposes, if I recall correctly.

Otis