Hi.

Coming up with answers... a little belated, but hope you're still on:

we have been experimenting with carrot2 and are very pleased so far,
only one issue: there is no release not even an alpha one and the
dependencies seemed to be patched (jama)

Yes, there is not "official" release. We just don't feel the need to tag the sources with an official label because Carrot is not a stand-alone product (rather a library... or a framework). It does not imply that the project is in alpha stage... quite the contrary, in fact -- it has been out there for a while and it seems to do a good job for most people.

is there any intentions to have any releases in the near future?

I could tag a release even today if it makes you happy ;) But I hope I made the status of the project clear above.

D.