details?

Yousef Ourabi wrote:

Saad,
Here is what I got. I will post again, and be more
specific.
-Y

--- Nader Henein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

We'll need a little more detail to help you, what
are the sizes of your updates and how often are they updated.

1) No just re-open the index writer every time to
re-index, according to you it's moderately changing index, just keep a flag
on the rows and batch indexing every so often.
2) It all comes down to your needs, more detail
would help us help you.

Nader Henein

Yousef Ourabi wrote:

Hey,
We are using lucene to index a moderatly changing
database, and I have a couple of questions on a
performance strategy.

1) Should we just have one index writer open unil

the

system comes down...or create a new index writer

each

time we re-index our data-set.

2) Does anyone have anythoughts...multi-threading

and

segments instead of one index?

Thanks for your time and help.
Best,