Hello all,

I have heard that Lucene 1.3 Final should run under Java 1.1. (I need that
because I want to run a search with a PDA using Java 1.1).

However, when I run my code. I get the following error:

A nonfatal internal JIT (3.10.107(x)) error 'chgTarg: Conditional' has
occurred in :
  'org/apache/lucene/store/FSDirectory.getDirectory
(Ljava/io/File;Z)Lorg/apache/lucene/store/FSDirectory;': Interpreting
method.
  Please report this error in detail to
http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi

Exception occured in StandardSearch:search(String, String[], String)!
java.lang.IllegalMonitorStateException: current thread not owner
        at org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory.makeLock(FSDirectory.java:312)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.open(IndexReader.java, Compiled
Code)

The error does not occur when I run it under Java 1.4.

What do I do wrong and what do I need to change in order to make it work. It
must be my code. Here the code relevant to this error (the search method).

public static Result search(String queryString, String[] searchFields,
  String indexDirectory) {
  // create access to index
  StandardAnalyzer analyser = new StandardAnalyzer();
  Hits hits = null;
  Result result = null;
  try {
  fsDirectory =
FSDirectory.getDirectory(StandardSearcher.indexDirectory, false);
  IndexSearcher searcher = new IndexSearcher(fsDirectory);
}

What is wrong here?

Best Regards,
Karl

--
DSL Komplett von GMX +++ Supergünstig und stressfrei einsteigen!
AKTION "Kein Einrichtungspreis" nutzen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl