From: "Erik Hatcher" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Lucene Users List" <lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 12:02 PM
Subject: Re: Problem searching Field.Keyword field

Kelvin - I respectfully disagree - could you elaborate on why this is
not an appropriate use of Field.Keyword?

If the category is "How To", Field.Text would split this (depending on
the Analyzer) into "how" and "to".

If the user is selecting a category from a drop-down, though, you
shouldn't be using QueryParser on it, but instead aggregating a
TermQuery("category", "How To") into a BooleanQuery with the rest of
it.  The rest may be other API created clauses and likely a piece from
QueryParser.

Erik