On Tue, 2005-02-15 at 14:05 +0100, Karl Koch wrote:
> did anybody here run Lucene 1.3 or 1.2 under PersonalJava (equivalent to JDK
> 1.1) ? I have a friend who runs Lucene 1.3 under PersonalJava and it works.
> Mine doesn't. When conmparing the the code I cannot find any difference. I
> search the index for a Query.
>
> I get an error saying that the method java.io.File.createNewFile() is used
> in Lucene. I have checked Java 1.1.8 and indeed this method does not exist.
>
> Beside the question, how it can work on my friends system with the same
> code, I am asking two more questions:
>
> 1) Did anybody here use Lucene on a PDA under Personal Java and can tell
> some experience?
>
> 2) Is there anything else I should try or something I have forgotten?

It might be the constructor the the IndexReader or IndexSearcher that
you're using. You can pass in a string that points to the directory or a
file object instead. Lucene might being using
java.io.File.createNewFile() if you pass in a string.

A simple grep should find out where it's being used.

--
Miles Barr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Runtime Collective Ltd.