Hi, Paul,

I brought this point up a while back and didn't get a response. I've found that I frequently get a "file not found" exception when searching at the same time an indexing and/or optimize operation is running. I fixed it by trapping the exception and looping until it didn't fail.

Jim.

Paul Mellor wrote:

Otis,

1. If IndexReader takes a snapshot of the index state when opened and then reads the files when searching, what would happen if the files it takes a snapshot of are deleted before the search is performed (as would happen with a reindexing in the period between opening an IndexSearcher and using it to search)?