Hello;

Does anyone see a problem with the following approach?

For synonyms, rather than putting them in the index, I put the original term
and all the synonyms in the query.

Every time I create a query, I check if the term has any synonyms. If it
does, I create Boolean Query OR'ing one Query object for each synonym.

So if I have a synoym list:

red = colour, primary, stop

And someone wants to search the desc field for the red, I would end up with
something like:

( (desc:*red*) (desc:*colout*) (desc:*stop*) ).

Now the synonyms would'nt be in the index, the Query would account for all
the possible synonym terms.

Luke