I had the same problem in the past with lustre 2.4.2 when I change one ost due
to a hardware problem.

Stop lustre after reformat the new ost (unmount clients, stop mgs/mds, unmount
osts) and start all again was the only way that solved this problem for me.

Regards.

Fernando Pérez
Institut de Ciències del Mar (CMIMA-CSIC)
Departament Oceanografía Física i Tecnològica
Passeig Marítim de la Barceloneta,37-49
08003 Barcelona
Phone:  (+34) 93 230 96 35