Hi Oleg,

I tried it and looks like it actually stores the 128 stripe size (at least for dirs). lfs getstripe tells me that my dir is now striped over 128 OSTs (I have 48).

[/scratch/mkluge] lctl dl | grep osc | wc -l
48
[/scratch/mkluge] mkdir  p
[/scratch/mkluge] lfs setstripe -c 128 p
[/scratch/mkluge] lfs getstripe p
stripe_count:   128 stripe_size:    1048576 stripe_offset:  -1

Regards, Michael