Hi,

I'm re-adding lustre-discuss (I mistakenly replied directly to Kurt).

It's interesting that you can't re-export the 2.5.3 system on the client
which is able to export the 1.8.9.

The support for the lustre 2 quotas has been added to the 1.8 client
somewhere between 1.8.7 and 1.8.9.
There are a few more commits to the 1.8 branch in Whamcloud's git, but
unfortunately there is not much activity anymore. Important  fixes which
haven't been landed on 1.8 are in LU-3596 and LU-1126.

best regards,
Martin