We are in the process of upgrading a filesystem from lustre 2.1 to 2.5.
We see log messages on the MDT host about auto OI_scrub every ~15min :
Lustre: testfs-MDT0000-osd: trigger OI scrub by RPC for [0x2024696cd:0x3:0x0],
rc = 0 [1]

The messages mention the same FID. This appears to trigger an auto OI_scrub/lfsck on the MDT, which is annoying since the auto OI_scrub degrades performance. Since the message repeats I assume the online lfsck tool is unable to fix the problem?

A few questions:
- is the a OST or MDT FID (the fid2path tool will not resolve the FID)
- Is there alternative tool or manual method to resolve or remove the FID ?

Unfortunately this a complicated case. We have known missing objects on the filesystem. The filesystem was originally created using lustre 1.8 then upgraded to 2.1.

regards,
chris hunter
chris.hun...@yale.edu