Hi,

I've tested snapshots and they work as expected.

However, I'm wondering how the clients should mount without knowing the
mount names of snapshots. As I see it there are two possibilities:

1. Clients get ssh (limited) access to MGS (Don't want that).
2. The names are communicated through another channel. Perhaps, written
to a file on the head Lustre filesystem or just directly to all clients
that need snapshot mounting through ssh.

If there isn't a better way, I think number two is the way to go.

Guess the limited length of Lustre fs names is preventing the use of the
snapshots names directly?

Cheers,
Hans Henrik