On Jun 2, 2020, at 02:30, 肖正刚
<guru.nov...@gmail.com<mailto:guru.nov...@gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi all,
we use TBF policy(details:
https://jira.whamcloud.com/secure/attachment/14201/Lustre%20NRS%20TBF%20documentation%200.1.pdf)
 to limit rpcrate coming from clients; but I do not know how to mapping of
rpcrate to bandwidth or iops.
For example:
if I set a client's rpcrate=10,how much bandwith or iops the client can get  in
theory?

Currently, the TBF policies only deal with RPCs.  For most systems today, you
are probably using 4MB RPC size (osc.*.max_pages_per_rpc=1024), so if you set
rpcrate=10 the clients will be able to get at most 40MB/s (assuming
applications do relatively linear IO).  If applications have small random IOPS
then rpcrate=10 may get up to 256 4KB writes per RPC, or about 2560 IOPS =
10MB/s.

Cheers, Andreas
--
Andreas Dilger