From: lustre-discuss <lustre-discuss-boun...@lists.lustre.org> on behalf of
Athinagoras Skiadopoulos via lustre-discuss <lustre-discuss@lists.lustre.org>
Date: Wednesday, May 19, 2021 at 1:36 PM
To: "lustre-discuss@lists.lustre.org" <lustre-discuss@lists.lustre.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [lustre-discuss] Benchmarking Lustre, reduce caching

Hello,

We are using Lustre in our cluster as an external service and
would like to measure the write/read performance we can achieve.

Right now, we are creating a number of files, and iteritavely:
- pick a file to open
- write/read it in 1MB chunks (block size)
- close it

Each of our servers has a 3000Mbps bandwidth,
but we are often reporting higher read/write throughput.
There should be some caching involved.
What would be a good way to alleviate this?

Thank you in advance.