Hi Lustre friends,

I'm wondering if someone has experience setting NRS TBF (by UID) on the OSTs
(ost_io and ost service) in order to avoid congestion of the filesystem IOPS or
bandwidth. All my tries during the last months have miserably failed into
something that doesn’t look like QoS when the system has a high load. Once the
system is under high load not even the TBF UID policy is saving us from slow
response times for any user. So far, I have only tried setting it by UID so
every user has their fair share of bandwidth. I tried different rate values for
the default rule (5'000, 1'000 or 500). We have Lustre 2.12 in our cluster.

Maybe there's any other setting that needs throttling (I see a parameter
/sys/module/ptlrpc/parameters/tbf_rate that I could not find documented set to
10'000), is there anything I'm missing about this feature?

Regards,

Diego