Are you asking if you can mount Lustre on a client so that it shows up as a
block device?  If so, the answer to that is you can't.  Lustre does not appear
as a block device to the clients.

-Rick

On 3/16/23, 3:44 PM, "lustre-discuss on behalf of Shambhu Raje via
lustre-discuss" <lustre-discuss-boun...@lists.lustre.org
<mailto:lustre-discuss-boun...@lists.lustre.org> on behalf of
lustre-discuss@lists.lustre.org <mailto:lustre-discuss@lists.lustre.org>> wrote:

When we mount a lustre file system on client, the lustre file system does not
use block device on client side. Instead it uses virtual file system namespace.
Mounting point will not be shown when we do 'lsblk'. As it only show on 'df-hT'.

How can we mount lustre file system on block such that when we write something
with lusterfs then it can be shown in block device??
Can share command??