From: lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu [mailto:lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu] On Behalf Of
WALSH STUART
Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2016 11:25 AM
To: lute-builder@cs.dartmouth.edu
Subject: [LUTE-BUILDER] simple question on bars for early guitar

I'm very much a beginner, building a simple early guitar type instrument.

I just want to put two bars on the soundboard but I haven't got any soundboard
material thick enough to make the bars. What's the best advice for what is only
a simple project?

I could glue some pieces of soundboard together to get thicker pieces to make
bars. Or could I just use some ordinary  (DIY) pine? Or some hardwood like
sycamore or mahogany?

Thanks for any advice

Stuart

---