Stewart:

Something I ran across in the Chicago Tribune, of all places -- not a
trio, but rather a duet:

http://www.kfki.hu/~arthp/html/v/vivarini/alvise/ambrose.html

Has anyone seen this in person?  If the dimensions given are accurate
this has to be *very* imposing.  The barefoot instrumentalists in the
foreground would be almost a meter high.

Any idea why the commentator calls one of the instruments a "mandola"
(though which one is not identified)?

Regards,

Daniel Heiman