At 08:48 AM 10/14/2003 +0200, André Blanc <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I am sure that using copy or web sources music will in a way contribute to
>the promotion of both the publishers material - what ever the prices .. -

What way? is there any evidence for the assumption? In my experience, the
opposite is exactly what happens.

>I always wonder if there was a price sensitivity to purchase materials. For
>instance, we have in France Les Editions du CNRS, which release french lute
>composers - that's is not quite as convenient as a fac similé- but at a
>reasonable price : I have never seen any xerox copy of the CNTS editions ...
>all the lute players I know just buy them.

You are lucky to live in a country where the government puts money into
lute music. A commercial publisher can never compete with one that is
financed by the government.

Matanya Ophee
Editions Orphe'e, Inc.,
1240 Clubview Blvd. N.