This message may or may not be spam as you might have suspected.
The event in question was one of the most elaborate costumed balls in
history and was prepared with EXTREME iconographic authenticity as all
attendees were obliged to be in 17th cent. costumes. I recall a photo of one
guest with a lute (probably the nature of this "message"), but I cannot be
sure now whether this was a Wandervogel ot something better.
The domain from which came this message is a Russian antiquariat e-magazine,
and it offers an edition of authentic photos taken of the costumed guests.
Some have been previously reprinted in Chloe Obolensky's "Photographs for
the Szar".
So, the sender is other spamming for the book, or want some info.
RT

> From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 18:02:04 +0300
> To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>