This is so sad.  I never had the opportunity to meet Schroeder, but his
recordings with Barto (Weiss) &  Crawford Young are first rate.  His
reconstructions of the Weiss duets are absolutely astonishing.  In the only
communication I had with him, he was so gracious to allow me to record one
of the Weiss reconstructions.

This is a sad day for the lute world.

ed

At 08:34 AM 11/7/03 -0600, Hoban, Dick wrote:
>we will miss is pleasant manner...  Bob told me there are a couple more
>Weiss duets that Charlie had done... maybe we can get these recorded. His
>recent duet CD with Crawford is just one of my favorites...  oh my, how sad.

Edward Martin
2817 East 2nd Street
Duluth, Minnesota  55812
e-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]