Many of you will have noticed that I sometimes end my messages with,
Loughborough
East Mids.UK

Does anyone know the location of the East Midlands?  It does not appear on
maps.

I live only about 10 miles from the East Midlands Aiport and there is a
poll to change the name.  I beg your indulgence a few moments to consider
some possibilities...

It seems no-one outside the UK knows where the East Midlands is!  Well, if
Birmingham is in the West Midlands, we're 50 miles to the east, within a
triangle of three cities.

The EMA is on the border with Derbyshire and has a Derby phone number.
Derby is 10m to the west
The EMA is just in Leicestershire and policed by Leics. Leicester is 12m to
the south
The EMA is also on the border with Nottinghamshire.  Nottingham is 12m to
the east.

It seems most people outside the UK know about Nottingham, but not so much
Leicester, or Derby.  (Pronounced Lester, or Darbie)

Should the EMA be re-named, e.g. -Nottingham International Airport, or stay
as it is?  I would be interested to know the opinion of none-UK readers.

Ron (UK)