Greetings,

I have an original 19th century parlour guitar -
I'm guessing that it is from the 1860's -70's +
presently string it with modern medium gauge nylon
classical guitar strings. It sounds great when I play
with nails, but I often play concerts w/o nails with
lutes and baroque guitars and was wondering if anyone
has tried nylgut on 19th cent. guitars. I would do
regular gut but I've come to enjoy the
durability/predictable nature of nylgut on my baroque
guitar, they have a brighter quality. - and also, any
suggestions on wound/unwound basses?

Sal Salvaggio