Yes, these are the two books (bound together) of frottole for voice (not
necessarily soprano) and lute arranged by Franciscus Bossinensis and publ.
by Petrucci in 1509 and 1511.

$US204,000 is indeed very high, but there is only one other copy known of
Libro II.  In comparison a copy of Dowland's third book of ayres was
offered by a U.S. music antiquarian for $15,000 and then he lowered the
price ro #13,500. There are only seven or eight copies known to exist, out
of 1250 originally printed. Literally tins of lute music has disappeared
over the years.

Both Bossinensis volumes are available in Minkoff facsimiles.  Of the two,
the Libro I has the best selection of pieces.  He seems to have used
left-overs for vol, II.  Vol. I includes "Che debo far" by Tromboncino, "O
mia cieca e dure sorte" (Cara), "Se de fede" (Cara), "Non e tempo" (Cara),
"In te domine speravi" (!!!) (Josquin).  Incidentally some of the ricercars
are intended to be played between verses of the frottola.
FROM:   Roman Turovsky, INTERNET:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  > What was the book?  One of the Bossinensis books with Cara,
Tromboncino, et > al? >  > ed <martin>

I have no idea. RT