I can only second Sterling's opinion. This lute has a wonderful darkish
timbre and carries/projects quite remarkably. I have heard both his old
lute (which may have lost a bit of its original power over the years)
and the brand-new Tomlinson lute in comparison and the new lute sounds
quite convincing. I am very eager to listen to the records to come.