It's adequate for transcription purposes though. As Leonard says, you have
to manipulate some of the images due to bleeding. (i.e. adjust brightness
and focus). I suppose players would make their own version of any given
piece anyway.

Having the red ciphers for the songs and all 7-books-in-one for the price of
50 or 60 Euros is in my view extremely good value. Should I try to buy these
seven books in facsimile editions, it would probably mean an expense of
several hundred Euros, and I wouldn't get the red ciphers...

Now I can happily work on f. ex. the lost Milano fantasia, that Valderrabano
reworked (179.jpg), or any other of the nearly 700 pieces in the
collection, instead of the few (admittedly high-quality) works that are
played and edited ad nauseam. (Or find out first hand, if Pisador is indeed
so mediocre, as several present-day musicologists claim).

As Gerardo Arriaga says in the booklet (containing an excellent
bibliography): "More than to solve problems, this edition wishes to be,
mainly an invitation to the investigation and study of the vihuela
repertory." (Speaking Spanish helps :)

Not to mention taking away the pressure of people having to consult the
fragile originals, (which i suspect, might also be a purpose of this CD-rom
edition :)

Many thanks to Chris Goodwin for the procurement of the CD-rom!

Best Regards
Göran

PS. Naxos 8.550614 and 8.553523 also make good companions to it.