Hi Luters!

I'm not sure if I already have posted an anouncement of this interesting
edition. So here it comes (again):

Johann Jacob FROBERGER (1616-1667)

SUITE Bb-Major for 11-course Lute

anonymus arrangement after FbWV 605 and FbWV 612 (Berlin,
Staatsbibliothek Preussischer Kulturbesitz, Mus. Ms. 40601)

edited by François-Pierre GOY

Although Johann Jacob Froberger made no lute music it's detectable in
his works for keyboard that he was influenced by the french lute music.
Music for keyboard was seldom transcribed for the lute in the 17th
century. The present Suite was edited by an anonymus lutenist and came
to us in an also anonymus manuscript which came into being shortly after
Froberger's death. It's up to now the only known example of a work by
Froberger in a contemporary version for the lute.

The suite for lute combines the entire Partita V for Cembalo with it's
movements Allemande, Courante and Sarabande from the Libro secondo
(1649, FbWV 605) with the Gigue from the Partita VI taken from the Libro
quarto (1656, FbWV 612) as final movement. Both of the keyboard works
are in C-Major but the editor transposed them to Bb-Major and choosed
the Mercure tuning which better fits this key. This tuning varies the
usual d-minor tuning by tuning the 6th course to Bb instead of A.

The suite is of moderate technical difficulty but musically very
charming!

orders can be placed at
http://www.lutecorner.ch/
price is 8 Euro or 12 CHF