To those on the Lute List who wonder why this harp related question is sent
to you as well as the harplist, it is because you all have some experience
with alternate notations/tabulations.

I'm looking at years of collection of vocal and instrumental music and
trying to figure a way to make a sort of "fake book" for the harp. Lute
tabulation is relative to the strings and frets, so isn't key dependant. The
harp has strings tuned to fixed notes, and therefore the staff notation is
key dependant - as each string has a fixed pitch and there are no frets. I'd
like to set a notation readable for harp that is pitch independant, set the
levers for the key and start on the chosen tonic. The best I've come up with
so far is to use a full grand staff  without a clef, but that still has the
readability problem of the "notes on the lines" and the "notes on the
spaces". I guess one answer would be to make two copies of each piece, one
with the tonic on a line and one with it on a space. Any other ideas?

Best, Jon