Dear Gary,

it is no problem to tune an instrument with 64 cm string length to g',
especially if you choose a pitch of 415. A g' in 415 will be a nylon
.44 having a tension of 36 Newton. This is o.k. for the first single
string. In my experiance in stringing lutes for now over 20 years I
can say that if you take a tension of about 29/26 Newton down to
the 10th course you will have there a string of NF 430 ( Savarez )
that will work well with a clear sound.

regards

Matthias

Matthias Wagner, Lute making
string distribution:Savarez, Aquila, Kürschner, Pyramid, Pirastro ...
Klemmbachstr. 11 a D - 79410 Badenweiler - Schweighof Tel. +49-
7632 - 82
86 95,  Fax: +49-7632  82 898 68 e-mail:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.lutes-strings.de
http://www.music-strings.de ( strings - shop )