On Wed, 14 Apr 2004, margerum wrote:

> >On Wed, 14 Apr 2004, Stewart McCoy wrote:
> >
> >>  4) I don't know how the letter "t" vanished from Hunt's Up, bu
> >>  hese  hings happen from  ime  o  ime.
> >Maybe the same assimilation that transforms "what's up" into "wazzup"?
> >Waddaya think?
> >
> >Peter.
>
> izzat so?

Yes, I think so, and actually I also think that the change from the p at
the end to a k is likely to be not an instance of dyslexia, but one of
dysaudia.  I bet that hearing the difference between a k and a p sounds in
a noisy room is much more difficult than seeing the difference between the
two letters in a misty room. (At comparable noise/mist levels, whatever
that may mean.) All these modifications look like word of mouth effects to
me.  Do we have a phonologist on board?

Peter.

--
the next auto-quote is:
If the Bible and my brain are both the work of the same Infinite God, whose