Just found this site on the net:

http://www.internetredaktion.com/welcome/stoessel/welcome.htm

obviously it was invented in cologne in germany and has been built not
before the first world war.

Thomas

This is a Stoessel-Laute (named after the inventor and builder). It was
in use end of the 19th beginning of the 20th century mainly in austria
as far as I know.
Nothing really old but I've heard they would be rare.

best wishes
Thomas

--
Thomas Schall