>From my humble point of view, you know what's the problem of bringing
subjects like all this to the forum?
We (the members of this list) don't have the minimum necessary elements for
a serious and productive debate about politics, nor a simple fair and
productive exchange.
In other words:
Our perception of word's reality is totally different (our realities are
totally different), as well as our values are. Apart from that, we don't
even share the same categories, so we don't even have a common language to
start with... Methodologically we're already failing.
A very easy and quite obvious example: think about what the word freedom
means for you, and I guarantee that will have little to do with the meaning
I give to "libertad".
A very concrete example: HR watch is a foundation  created ironically by a
person (Mr. Soros) who, according to some values, has little respect for
human rights (I could go on, but I don't think that's good). At the same
time, it is for you a good source of information...
It is not a matter of playing the autistic by avoiding any topic not
directly linked with lute and music, but all this- music and lutes- is what
we actually have in common. That's the place in which we can actually meet,
share things, and learn from each other, no matter how different we are
(even talking only about that we had difficult moments).
What's the point then in finding out about how horrible, selfish, one sided,
narrow minded or whatever we might turn resulting to each other?
It would be like talking about sexual preferences in the forum. More than a
member would be horrified if we all  turned to be totally open about it.
Don't you think?
Personally, I can also delete the emails I'm not interested in, but I prefer
to exchange my ideas about some things in some other places.
Saludos,