At 5:52 PM +0200 8/16/04, doc rossi wrote:
>I used to use Fronimo on my Mac with VPC, but I have to say that I'm so
>pleased with the new version of Finale that I don't bother with
>anything else now.  Thanks to Daniel, though. I'm a little curious
>about Harmony Assistant so I'll have to check it out.  Finale is
>expensive if you can't use an academic discount, but it does do nice
>tab, is quite flexible, and the print-out is great.

Your primary instrument is Baroque cittern, right? No ciphers below
the staff is a big drawback for lutenists. It limits you to 6
courses, unless you want to go to the trouble that Richard went to.

At 5:02 AM -0700 8/16/04, Richard Yates wrote:
>The
>biggest shortcoming is that there is no facility for 'off the fingerboard'
>strings (e.g those higher than six on the chitaronne). I had to use
>expression marks for these symbols and attach them to hidden notes.

Also, unless they've greatly improved their interface since I bought
it (which is quite possible since I never upgraded from version 3.7),
it is very un-Mac-like, un-intuitive and generally a PIA to learn.
Nothing personal against CODA, that may be the price you pay to be
able to do anything in one program.

cheers,
--
Ed Durbrow