Subject: Civiol's edition of Visee theorbo music

> I can no longer find the web site where I got this.  My question is: What
is
> it, exactly?
>
> The title page says "Pieces pour theorbe sur differents modes De Robert De
> Visee.  Edite par Richard Civiol.
>

> But in smaller print at the bottom, just below "Document printed with
> StringWalker, Version 3.985 - Sunday, March 04, 2001, at 09:58," it says
> "Intabulated by Richard Civiol."
>
> So is it a collection of original theorbo pieces by Visee, or Civiol's
> theorbo intabulations of other Visee pieces?

Hi Howard,

I have the document in question as well as the Django version and midis.

The pieces are from the Saizeny MS. that have been turned into a "softcopy",
so they are original theorbo pieces.  How much editing was done is unknown.

I am grateful to M. Civiol for taking the time to make them available.  The
facsimile is out of print and I don't have access to a library with a copy.

Best,

Steve Amazeen