Stewart McCoy wrote:

> The
> world is full of sentences beginning with conjunctions, often from
> very eminent writers, but that still doesn't make it grammatically
> correct.

Yes it does.  If it doesn't, the whole notion of "correct" is meaningless.

This isn't like Mark Twain using "ain't" occasionally to be colloquial.  The
greatest writers in English constantly start sentences with prepositions.
Saying that their writing is therefore grammatically incorrect is like
saying Bach, Mozart and Beethoven composed incorrectly because their music
is full of tritones.

I suppose children are taught not to start sentences with prepositions
because the results are so bad when they do.  But then we grow up and put
aside some of the rules of childhood.  We cross the street by ourselves, go
to bed late, go places without asking permission, have sex, run for
political office, and start sentences with prepositions.