Dear Sirs:

I wish to complain in the strongest possible terms about the recent spate of
postings concerning English, German, Hebrew and Greek grammar.  I would
never dream of bringing up such things myself, and I'm as pedantic as they
come.

Rear Admiral Howard Posner, M.P., OBE, KBE, JD UCLA

PS: It may be appropriate for Mr. Turovsky to say "precocious-looking
'likenesses' of Jesus," but it would be the Jesice themselves, not the
"likenesses" that are precocious.

PPS: Mr. Rösel is informative as always, but I believe all references to
Jesus in Hebrew sources postdate the (Greek) Christian bible, which would
mean that "Yeshu" in the Hebrew sources is a transliteration of the Greek
"IHCOYC (nom.) IHCOY (gen.) IHCOY (dat.) IHCOYN (acc.) IHCOY (voc.)" and not
vice versa.