>Some people play the
>bass note on the beat, & follow with the other notes.  I have found that in
>ensemble playing, it is usually best to finish the chord (i.e. the treble
>note on the beat, so the arpeggiated chord starts early to land on the beat.
>
>What do others think about this?

Ed,
There can really be a conflict at times. When there is a melody in
the treble or a run up to a high note (the end of Mille Regretz
intabbed by Phalese springs to mind), what should you do, put a rest
in the treble while you make an arpeggio from the bottom up? Play the
melody note first then arp up, arp down, play it together, try to
hold the penultimate melody note and arp? And where should the accent
go on the bass note or melody? There are a lot of choices.
--
Ed Durbrow
Saitama, Japan