RT, your sources may be quite accurate as to the invention of drawing wire
in Germany, but that doesn't say anything about other places. And why do you
separate the drawing of "wire" from steel wire? Steel is a form of iron, but
bronze and brass are not. Are you saying that the drawing of any metal for
wire was invented in Germany in the 14th C., or only a specific metal.
Either way you are wrong. Again you are looking at only European sources.
There is evidence, which I can't document tonight as it is late, that metal
wires were used even in the ancient Egyptian "proto harps".

The development of metal technology, and musical instruments, has not been
an entirely linear process. Things are lost, then found again. Or are extant
in one civilization while unknown in another. I stand by my statement that
the early Celtic (and we Celts do prefer the capital letter) harps were wire
strung, although I can't say how they made them. But I'm not going to try to
get the early writings of the old legends out tonight (those writings being
of the 9th and 10th centuries about earlier events).

By the way, you have spoken of my "inexactitude" when I've used a generic
term. May I ask how you can refer to Germany in the 1300s? Neither France
nor Germany, as we know them today, existed then. Dukedoms and states, some
within the HRE and some on the fringes and giving tribute. And some quite
independent. That which we call Germany became a nation in the 19th C..  I
do not accuse you of fallacy, I accept the shorthand of calling it Germany
because it was within the bounds of modern Germany. But you are inexact.

Best, Jon