> (Scyld is translated into English as shield, and a varient is used in the
> military descriptions of the Scot's tactics against the English, (can't
> remember how to spell it, something like Skyldron meaning shield wall - a
> rather less organized parallel to the ancient phalanx of the Greeks and
> Romans).

Scyld guy is the father or the Beowlf-dork. i was reading once through this=
 beoulf text and was just amazed how dull, stiff and farty (selfimportant) =
the flavour of it. You read anglosaxon texts and you'd think these people w=
ere colordefective: in celtic texts (like mabingion) you have all these fla=
res of gold, green, purple, blue with whole range of depths and shining. In=
 the beoulf thing there is like: grey fog, white lightning black earth...(h=
aha exagerating but something like that. and so much magic in the celtic on=
es! i have feeling there is something profoundly screwed with the nordic's =
(saxon included) cultural conditioning.=20
It's like, i was reading this most brilliant creator, --Tarkovski, and he w=
as saying: "look at the sweds, they got it all aranged, they've got it all =
taxonomized, cleaned, sorted out, they have everything they need yet they a=
re no happy, no spark, where is the heart the magic..(paraphrazed-him talki=
ng about the cruel grey of the mondane overtaking the world...within...)

I'm always happy to reply to snippy snippets, But word for word isn't the

Faites un voeu et puis Voila ! www.voila.fr=20