From: "rosinfiorini" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2004 9:32 PM
Subject: guitar to lute

> i'm waiting for a renaissance lute 8c to arrive but in the meantime made
this to get fingers used to the feel of double strings.
> In case someone may like to make something similar (like you have these
many course lutes but want a six course, etc) here is the photo. the thing
works very fine, only i tune it to "re" because "mi" is a little too
'mandoline-like' feeling(tense).
> http://perso.wanadoo.fr/raydimitry/imagini/IMG_00.jpg
> to have this you need to do the pegbox, the bone pice of the bridge with
small notches and holes with harp-pins on the bridge. I have used one whole
per each pair of strings-it is the bridge's notches that separates the
couples...