and so ...

with the icy blast of rejection resounding in his
neatly combed, brand new casa armonica, the plucky
little vihuela de mano retraced his steps back to the
nina, pinta and santa maria.

"'vihuelita' ..." the common little chordophone mused
as he scampered up the gangway and into the arms of
those who knew him best " ... or 'south american lute'
perhaps ..."