Additionally, it helps to keep the last finger joint flexible,
at least with low and normal tension strings. According to
Pujoll, who played without nails too, the index should stand
upright on the string. For comparison: Segovia's technique
(nails) would be to play over the left side of the finger, as
opposed to thumb-in lute technique where you play on the right
side of the finger. BTW, I have enjoyed the appoyando stroke
much more since cutting my nails, with nails I regard it as
rather useless...

Regards,

Stephan

Am 15 Dec 2004 um 10:23 hat LGS-Europe geschrieben: