dear kenneth -

i'm not sure what you mean by "overspun" - and i know
you're not advocating that this be done - but if i get
ahold of some lanolin i'm going to try rubbing it into
my nylgut strings and see if there's a "gut" reaction.
 off hand i'd say mimmo's, extra density nylon won't
absorb anything from the surface but who knows ...

interesting.  thanks - bill