> Actually Zamboni is flat and very simple music (often not much more than
> simple I-IV-V). Very entertaining but not comparable in any kind to the
> music
> of Weiss
'
I tend to agree: so much study to perform it well, so little result. But I
do keep at least two sonatas in my repertoire, as they come in handy when
playing archlute continuo and I need some later instrumental interlude.
Audiences tend to like it though, and I can 'play around' with the music a
lot: exaggertaed dynamics and other circus tricks to make it interesting.
So, if we make an effort it's not too bad after all!

David