[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

> Indeed, there are lute tablatures available on the programme.  However, not
> for several important tunings

if one is to generalize the software so it can deal with any tuning, and one
expects the program to handle playback, there will be a need for the program to
be
told what strings exist, what pitches they are tuned to, and what frets exist
(or,
more lilely, which ones dont exist).

Yes, this brings up the issue of sparsely fretted instruments like citterns.

I solved all those issues in my software, but it took lots of extra
programming, I
dont wonder that others havent bothered.