Jon,

I can agree with the intent of your principle whereby...

> The notation should be the result of the local program, the
> transmission
> should be the absolute notes.

however, in the case of tablature it has a serious flaw.

Tablature implies but generally does not specify note durations.
Exceptionally, durations may be indicated by means of hold lines
(Nicolas Vallet is a good example of this), but as a rule it is up to
the performer to figure out how long each note should last. The course
on which the note is to be played is essential to the core information
to be transmitted.

To illustrate the point, try to convert the absolute notes into Midi
values. You have to specify the start and stop event for each note. The
start event is easy, the flags in the tablature tell you that. Stop
events for one or more notes that follow each other on the same course
are easy too (a new note marks the end of the previous one). But for
the rest, it is pure interpretation.

Best

Miles Dempster