Hi Stephan,

actually I think the positions are not that far away from each other. My
A-Lute was built by David van Edwards. A big "thank you" to him for making
this marvelous instrument!
It is a great experience to have a smaller lute and many pieces which seemed
impossible to play because of large stretches are now well within reach. I
have choosen a 7-course variant to avoid the retuning for certain pieces in
the repertoire which ask for a G as 6th course. In the meantime I even play
Terzi and other later stuff on it.

Best wishes
Thomas

--